Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Burpees...everyone's doing them

Elite military forces,  football teams and extreme athletes regularly include them in their workout routines. What is the one exercise the fittest of the fit along with the average get fit chick like me are all embracing….?

Burpees! And lots of them.

Last night burpees were my butt whipping exercise of choice (the PT’s), and I only had to do 60! They made the 140 feet (42.5 meters) of weighted overhead lunges also included in my workout feel breezy… yep I’m just a pup, and I can only imagine how hard things are going to get as I make progress.


Just what is a burpee… and why should you be doing them?

Burpees… are a simple take anywhere do anytime, awesome , strength-building, calorie-burning, full body exercise.
Not only will they help turn you into an athlete, they’ll also help burn fat, get your metabolism going and get you conditioned like no other exercise can do. Or so I'm told!

Yes they’re for everyone.

This is how I have been shown to do them. If you have never tried them, follow these simple steps to give them a go:
  • Get yourself  into a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
  • Kick your feet back into a push up position.
  • Bring your feet back to the squat position as fast as possible.
  • Immediately jump up into the air as high as you can.
  • Add a little clap so you know that you mean it!
  • Now go for it
* always get checked out medically before attempting any new fitness routines :)

·


No comments:

Post a Comment