Wednesday, 26 February 2014

a week in the life

Wow it's been a while....I thought it was time I posted again, as it keeps me motivated...

a week in the life...fitness, some of us are into it and some of us aren't. It's either your thing or not.  I know, I've said it before. The same with meditation, yoga, Reiki or other mental and emotional strengthening exercises, not to mention clean eating, paleo, get some food on the table the best way you can or whatever the nutritional plan is that you use [mine is sometimes the later or a mixture of all, when it comes to meal time! Is that even possible..] There's plenty of choice and loads of info out there, and sometimes that can be the most confusing part of all.

However these days I realise that although I am luckier than most when it comes to wellness, mind, body and soul [my husband is my live in personal trainer, and I am now a Reiki teacher/practitioner] that doesn't mean I always get the balance right. And it doesn't mean I always want to do whats right for me.

Sometime what's right is just tedious...so the choice is do I do it or not! So I try for "do it"... and go OK when it comes to exercise... I'm not great at it, but I have found consistency. I have the physical pretty well covered. I also manage to use a reiki relaxation & mediation technique most nights before going to sleep, so I can tick that off too. Nutrition  however is still my weak link [i guess we all have one] and where I fight most of my demons...lets say that it is still a work in progress getting the balance right there [cakes, chocolate, caramel..mmm], but I will continue to try to work on it

so my week in the life looks a little like this:

  • Exercise...home crossfit 6 days out of 7
  • Meditation & Reiki relaxation treatments... 4 to 6 days out of 7
  • Nutrition...I have cut additives preservative & fast food, cordial & alcohol [to once in a blue moon], increased water intake, but still struggling with reducing sugar in my diet.
Oh and if there is still one thing I know for sure, when it comes to training... I still cannot run! More consistency needed I'm guessing!

It looks kind of boring on reading back through it...but being healthier and stronger than I have ever been, in my late forties, has a lot of advantages; none the least enjoying keeping up with my two busy 10 year olds and knowing that I am increasing my chances of being around to see them reach many of their life's milestones still ahead of them. 

So I will continue to aim for consistency in all areas and enjoy getting out and about in the great outdoors with the family, swims in the ocean or taking long beach walks with friends to make up for all the late nights, party food, and drinks until dawn that are just a distant memory from days gone by....unless of course anyone has a really good reason to put the 80/20 rule into play...then count me in :)

I hope whatever your week looks like, that it brings you peace and happiness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment